Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wine Tasting- "Trivento Reserve"


Name: Trivento Reserve

Variety: Malbec

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2010

Price: $8.99

Review:  "The red wines begin with the dark ruby-colored Select Malbec, which spent six months in seasoned French oak. The aromatics reveal blueberry and black cherry followed by a forward, easygoing wine with plenty of flavor and no hard edges. It is an excellent value and a pleasant introduction to the virtues of Malbec." - http://www.empirewine.com

My Review:  When I tasted this wine I tasted sort of a deep blueberry or black currant taste.  It was definitely a dry wine, but those undertones were still present.  The wine sort of coated my tongue a little while I drank it (but not to the point that it was over powering).  Another word I would use to describe it is a molasses, because it had little bitterness too it. It also has a very smooth finish.  I know I need to try more than just Malbecs, but I just enjoy them so much!


I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment