Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting; "Finca Sophenia Reserve"

Name: Finca Sophenia  Reserve

Variety: Malbec

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2009

Price: $12.99

Review:  Intense deep red colour with violet hues. Complex aromas of plums and ripe cherries and violets. It is enhanced by the presence of dry fruits and mint hints. A wine of great concentration and complexity showing sweet and voluminous tannins. - http://www.winehound.co.uk 

My Review: First impression: smells sort of salty almost, bacon perhaps?  The smell was far away from anything fruity.  I would also use the word earthy to describe the smell.  I think now I understand much better when people describe a dry wine, it really was not sweet at all.  The finish was also a little bitter for my liking.  I would be curious to try this with some sort of red meat, I think that it would change my opinion greatly.



I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment