Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasting- "Obvio- 2010"

Name: Obvio

Variety: Malbec

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2010

Price: $9.99

Review:  I could not find a review for this particular vintage.

My Review:  So I tried Obvio once before on my wine blog and I said it was quite possibly one of my favorite wines of all time.  I decided to do a little experiment (like in "Drink This Now") about vintages.  I found that there really is a difference in vintages.  The 2010 vintage was a lot less 'buttery', and a lot less fruity.  I liked it a little more the day after, and it was much improved when I had food with it.


I did have this wine with food.  I made a red pasta sauce with this wine.  I browned some shallots and garlic and then used the wine to de-glaze the pan.  It was delicious, the wine with the food sort of rounded off the whole wine and made it very tasty and less extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment