Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasting- "Kriek Lambic"

Name: Timmermans- Kriek


Variety: Lambic


Region: Belgium

Country: Germany

Year: None

Price: $6.00

Review: "Its flavor is entirely dedicated to the cherry, which is already felt from it very powerful nose. Its acidity is neutralized by its agreeably sweet and fruity bouquet. Its taste advances profoundly in the mouth and lingers long, gently and also elegantly tinted with summer cherries."  -http://www.marinamarket.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=12090

My Review: Let me start with this: it may try and trick you by saying it is a "Lambic" and putting a pretty cherry label on it, but in the end this is still beer. Now, would I prefer to drink this than Natural Light? Well, yes, of course.  But in the end it was just cherry beer, I could still taste the tasty beer leering at me from the background.  Basically if you took Natural Light and put in a packet of Cherry Kool-aid, I think you would get about the same result.

I did not have this beer with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment