Monday, January 23, 2012

Tasting- "Crios Malbec"

Name: Crios Malbec

Variety: Malbec

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2010

Price: $14.95

Review:  Previous vintage, 90 points, Rober Parker 5% Bonarda in its blend.  It spent 9 months in 50% new French and American oak.  Notes of balsam wood, smoke, black cherry and spice box lead to a similarly styled wine that comes off as just a bit too lean.  Again, the flavors are pleasant, but should be drunk over the next several year while it retains its fruits.

My Review: This is the second Malbec I have tasted and I have to say, this might be a favorite variety!  I found that this one also had a very smooth flavor that was very easy to drink. I could taste the sort of spiced flavor to it.  I like that it isn't a very intense red wine, I think it is a great starter red.

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment