Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tasting- "Villa M"



Name: Villa M

Variety: Rossa

Region: Piedmont

Country: Italy

Year: 2009

Price: Christmas Gift!

Review: Villa M Rosso is made of 100% Brachetto grapes which are found predominately in Piedmont, Italy. This varietal is known to produce very aromatic wine with a strong flavor of Strawberry on the palate. It is aged in stainless steel which helps to create the extremely crisp flavor in this wine.This is a very approachable and inviting wine that is sure to prove that there is a distinct difference between White Zinfandel and a good Rose'. -Erin Terpstra, Dayton Budget Wine Examiner
My Review: I honestly felt like I was drinking a cranberry mixed drink.  It was very easy to drink, fizzy sort of like a very light soda.  I would say it is also the least "wine tasting" wine I've had.  It is that wine that you give to a friend who doesn't like wine.  In the end it was very light and refreshing, probably a perfect drink for a hot summer day!

I tasted it alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment