Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tasting- "RN 13 Vin de Pique Organic White"


Name: RN 13 Vin de Pique Organic White

Variety: Viognier, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc

Region: Languedoc-Roussillon

Country: France

Year: 2009/2010

Price: $14.95

Review: A really good fun, sociable white. Very easy-going.  This is a blend of Viognier (40%), Chenin Blanc (35%) and Sauvignon Blanc (25%). The palate is a blend of apples, pears and peaches with refreshing acidity and a hint of lemon. Great balance and perfect example of an easy drinking white to serve chilled as an apéritif or with tapas.

My Review:  I found this white wine to be a little more bitter than most of the white wines I've tried.  I also could not really find as many distinct flavors, they all sort of blended into one flavor that I couldn't quite pick out.  I would not put this down as a wine I would like to drink again.

I did not have this wine with food

No comments:

Post a Comment