Friday, April 12, 2013

Tasting- "Santa Alicia Reserve" Carmenere




Name: Santa Alicia Reserve

Variety: Carmenere

Region: Maipo Valley

Country: Chile

Year: 2010

Price: $8.99

Review: Vivid ruby. Straightforward, somewhat jammy dark berry and cherry aromas pick up an herbal nuance with air. Juicy, sweet blackberry and cherry compote flavors are a touch loose-knit but provide good palate coverage. Finishes on a bitter chocolate note and with a brisk, peppery bite. I like this wine's energy.

My Review: Great wine, I liked the boldness of it.  Great wine to sip by itself, doesn't need food to make it better.  I could taste the cherry and blackberry components   I think this wine showed me that I like wines with a bit of a bitter bite to it.  I would put this in my top favorites when it comes to wine
I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment